Call for Sessions for the 8th African Population Conference
The UAPS Council is seeking suggestions from UAPS members for sessions to appear in the Call for Papers for the 8th African Population Conference (APC), which will take place in Kampala, Uganda on 18-22 November 2019. To contribute to the scientific programme of the 8th APC, please submit your suggestions online by completing this form.
Deadline for submission: 31 March 2019
Your suggestion should include:
• a short but self-explanatory title for the session;
• a brief paragraph explaining the importance and rationale of the session given the theme of the conference (maximum 300 words);
• the names and email addresses of two potential organizers (including yourself if you wish to be the session organizer);
• Two sub-themes in which your suggested session belongs : one primary sub-theme and a secondary sub-theme if the session addresses more than one sub-theme (using the list of sub-themes provided here).
• Although it not expected that suggested sessions will not fit in the list of suggested sub-themes, please select “Other” if you consider that none of the sub-themes can accommodate your session and write in the appropriate primary sub-theme for your suggestion.
The International Organizing Committee will make final decisions on all sessions, organizers and sub-themes, including modifying or merging your suggested session with those of other members. Members are encouraged to propose broad topics as they may attract a large number of papers. Sessions that address new research and innovative methodologies or contribute to theory and policy are strongly encouraged.
Please also note that organizing a session does not entitle the organizer/chair for funding from UAPS to attend the Conference.